Friday, October 06, 2006

Kerry Cattle Herd Books today

Most all Kerry Cattle are registered in Ireland with the Irish Kerry Cattle Society, Ltd. In Canada, due to Canadian law, they also register animals there. There are herd books available for sale... volume 66 (2002-2004) $16 and Volume 63&64 (1996-2001) for $20.

The secretary is G. Raymonde Hilliard, Cahernane, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland (353) 064-31840 (no, the number is not wrong for those operators in US who question you about the numbers).
The Herd Book Manager is Judy Bright, Goodwins Hill, Batterstown, Dunboyne, Co. Meath (353) 01 8259978 kjbright@eircom.net

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred Stevens was my great great uncle. I visited the farm often when a youngster. Saw those cows. He did indeed have a dairy farm. I rarely ever saw him as it depended on how he felt the day you were visiting. He was bed ridden at this point. Hew

12:24 PM  
Blogger Serenity said...

Hello,
Preservation of Kerry Cattle is near and dear to my heart. I was hoping that someone might be able to put me in touch with Raymonde Hillary, who is the grande dame of the effort.
I have some ideas about setting up Kerry's in another part of the world, to protect against extinction events.

Thank you
Finula McCaul
finulamccaul@gmail.com

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home