Monday, September 18, 2006

Fred Stevens stuff came in mail

Must be his day. Got the milk bottle and the info from the Warren County Historical Society on him. Been kinda sick lately and had to help hubby get some round bale wraps in. I have a lot of info to upload, but do need to catch up on cheese making stuff and get the photos and other bits scanned. He was a cool guy. He had Dutch Belted, Kerry and registered Holsteins on the farm in Glens Falls. It is the land the airport is on now. I guess that when the society was happening, he was confined to a wheel chair. Pretty active disabled man. He even delivered milk for some 70 years (including when he was disabled). I'll get the info up. He is someone that has to be known in the Heritage Cattle register of interesting breeders. The milk bottle design is neet too. Went to a milk bottle meeting (husbands hobby) and I think I have the only on in the many collections of milk bottles in the North East of his. I'm happy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred Stevens was my Great Great Uncle. We would visit the farm often when I was a youth. Saw those cattle and the bull. Do you have any more info on him? Thanks

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Fred Stevens you speak of was my great great uncle. I visited the farm when I was a youth. Do you have any more information about him?

11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do not know how long ago you posted this. I am sorry. I do have a lot of information on him. I will be glad to send it on.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home